The Staff at Thakeham Pre-School are all extremely proud of our Pre-School and would like to welcome the opportunity of showing you around so that you can experience first hand the happy atmosphere and wonderful facilities including our spacious garden, providing many varied learning opportunities.
Each child is assigned a key person who will help them to settle at pre-school and make friends. Staff enjoy planning fun activities as well as extending child led play, ensuring that each child has the opportunity to learn in a way that inspires them and enables them to reach their full potential. We love to share children’s learning journeys with you and welcome your input at every opportunity.
Children with special education needs are fully supported within our setting, our SENCO ensures that individual plans are put into place, working closely with parents. Please see our SEND/Local Offer for more details.
We were delighted to receive an overall rating of OUTSTANDING in May 2016. It states “The pre-school fully thoroughly supports the needs of individual children and their families. There is a lively, positive atmosphere with the setting where children are making significant gains in all areas of their learning” For the full report please go to www.reports.ofsted.gov.uk
A typical day at Thakeham Pre-School:-
- Welcome and registration
- Free flow play with a balance of child led and adult initiated play
- Rolling snack from 9.30am where children are encouraged to choose snacks and help prepare the snack to share with the group. We provide a balance of nutritious food including the occasional treat!
- Tidy up time inside & outside followed by group time which includes;
Music & Movement, Group Story Time, Parachute Games etc.
- Lunch time is 12pm (currently Mondays & Thursdays)
- Monday and Friday afternoons are our PE Session (see inside curriculum for more information)
Current Session Times are:-
Monday 8.30 am- 3.30 pm
Tuesday 8.30 am- 3.30 pm (including our Rising Stars Session 12.30-3.30 pm)
Wednesday 8.30 am – 3.30 pm
Thursday 8.30 am – 3.30 pm
Friday 8.30 am – 3.30 pm
Our current fees are £5.95 per hour.
Families can claim funding for up to 15 hrs per week, from the term following their child’s 3rd birthday. Funding is also available for some eligible 2 yr olds and we have a number of spaces for 30 hours free entitlement, please contact us for more information.