Thakeham Pre-School was founded in 1990 and is a committee-run group. Our Pre-School has a ‘home from home’ atmosphere for children aged 2-5 years. We provide a safe caring & friendly environment, dedicated to the support of each individual child.
- To nurture each child’s unique qualities and potential
- To build strong partnerships with families and share children’s learning journeys
- To provide an environment (inside & outside) that is full of opportunities for each child to learn and develop & reach their full potential
- To value and respect each other
- To deliver high quality interactions to help our children become confident and well balanced life long learners
Fantastic Learning Environment
Coming for January 2018 – we are moving into new building that will give children an inspiring indoor and outdoor environment for learning. Find out more
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, taking each child’s qualities into account when planning our sessions.
We encourage exploration and discovery in a supportive and enriching environment based on interests of the children through a guided curriculum.
The close relationships with key members of staff nurture and support children’s confidence, encouraging them to try out their own ideas, be willing to ‘have a go’ and enjoy achieving what they have set out to do. (See our curriculum page for more information.)
To enquire about your child joining us, see the options in our Contact page, or call Sharon Rance on 01798 815467