Whilst we are full for the Autumn term, we are taking registrations for the spring term.
If you would like to arrange a visit in the Autumn term please give us a call on 01798 817437
Thakeham Pre-School was founded in 1990 and is a committee-run group. Our Pre-School has a ‘home from home’ atmosphere for children aged 2-5 years. We provide a safe caring & friendly environment, dedicated to the support of each individual child.
- To nurture each child’s unique qualities and potential
- To build strong partnerships with families and share children’s learning journeys
- To provide an environment (inside & outside) that is full of opportunities for each child to learn and develop & reach their full potential
- To value and respect each other
- To deliver high quality interactions to help our children become confident and well balanced life long learners
Fantastic Learning Environment
We have happily settled into our new Pre-School.
Lots of natural light, plants, rugs and lamps to create a home from home cosy learning environment. The area indoors in very spacious providing opportunities to construct, make-believe, paint, investigate, explore sensory activities and cosy dens to share books or just have fun with friends.
The children’s thoughts are visible through photos, transcripts, drawings and paintings.
Our Garden Features;
- Muddy kitchen with sensory garden
- Flower and vegetable beds
- Natural wooden climbing apparatus
- Fairy garden
- An area for our famous campfires, where we have so much fun helping to chop wood and make our own fire lighters, and best of all toasting muffins and marshmallows and singing our favourite campfire songs.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, taking each child’s qualities into account when planning our sessions.
We encourage exploration and discovery in a supportive and enriching environment based on interests of the children through a guided curriculum.
The close relationships with key members of staff nurture and support children’s confidence, encouraging them to try out their own ideas, be willing to ‘have a go’ and enjoy achieving what they have set out to do. (See our curriculum page for more information.)
To enquire about your child joining us, see the options in our Contact page, or call Sharon Rance on 01798 817437
We are in the process of updating our records to comply with the new data protection standard. We will only use personal information to provide a childcare service to our children and families.
Term Dates 2019/2020
Autumn Term 9th September – 20th December (Half Term w/c 28th October)
Spring Term 6th January – 3rd April (Half Term w/c 17th February)
Summer Term 20th April – 17th July (Half Term w/c 25th May)